Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy Holidays!

The holidays are over and it's time to get back to work.  I hope everyone had a great holiday season and not to many of you need another vacation to get over the craziness of the holidays.  Amazingly the railroad was kind enough to give me Christmas week off and I took full advantage.  Family came down and I cooked a huge meal.

No Christmas would be complete without a visit from the local PD and ours was completed thanks to my ex-sister in law.  She reported that her son, who was down at my house, was dying and very sick and we were neglecting the little man (because there are no doctors in Virginia you know)  The officer showed up to find a happy little boy playing with his new trucks.  No further action was taken, but as the good hostess I did offer him some brownies and coffee. 

The rest of the week was rather uneventful and I was only mildly exhausted by the end of the week.  The kids were a great help and did their share to keep the house up and took care of the dessert course for the big meal.  Two helpful teens in the house, yes God was smiling down on me!

I am of course back at work and have gotten a nice change of scenery, no more Ohio for me, I have been transferred to the Baltimore division and have been working right in Baltimore.  The people here are great and there are still a lot of industries in the area which gives me hope for both the railroad and the nation.  Baltimore is a huge port, much bigger than I ever thought driving through on 95.  It is great to see the amount of industry here and how much new or reused areas there are along the bay.

Speaking of the bay, holy crabs batman! If you are a crab fan you need to schedule a trip to Baltimore.  If you have ever seen Forrest Gump and heard Bubba talk about shrimp (shrimp scampi, grilled shrimp, shrimp salad, broiled shrimp.....)  that is how the people of Baltimore feel about their local crabs. They are serious blue crab fanatics   I am not a seafood eater, but everyone else seems thrilled with all of the options available here.
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog!

    So how did you get on with CSX? Did you have any certain background or certification? The reason I ask is that I have been to several hiring session with CSX (and other Class1's) with no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applied at their website. I have a background in farming and working all hours of the day and night and that helped my cause. What type of jobs are you applying for?

    ReplyDelete