Wednesday, September 14, 2016

I'm BACK!!

Well after 92 days and 14 hours off I went back to work.  My shoulder is healed and doing good and I survived my first half back at work.

I can't say I was miserable all summer.  Honestly, I had a lot of fun.  The week after my surgery was fairly painful, but after that it was all good.  I spent the summer reading, writing, camping and fishing.  My legs are tanner than they have been since I was 12.  I didn't put on jeans, I didn't put on boots. It was all shorts, flip flops and water shoes.

Basically, I got spoiled for about 85 of those 92 days.

Blonde girl holding a catfish
Fishing is strength training for my shoulder!


I also started a new blog  (nothing to do with railroading) and learned a whole lot about the blogging and freelance writing side of the world.  You will notice I have taken off the Google ads and have added a few Amazon ads.  That's because I can not control what Google shows you, it all goes by your browsing history. (You should see what comes up on mine!)

Amazon on the other hand, lets me show you what I want, and lets me give my readers discounts Since I know a lot of my readers are train buffs and love to take pictures, I added a 30% discount on camera bags and equipment. Just click on the banner below and you will get your discount.  And yes, I will get a small kickback on any of your purchases.




While I was off I got bumped off my job on the crossing team, so I ended up on the PTC test team. This is cool, all new to me but cool.  I like learning the technology and how this stuff really works.

On a construction team, you learn a little bit of the technology but not a lot.  You build it from scratch, then after working on the build for a few months you cut it in.  Cut in day is when you learn the most.

This team did 4 cut-ins this half alone.  So I am pretty happy with where I landed.

Currently we are working in Charleston, WV which is an interesting mix of redneck and politics. The Kanawha (KA - naw) river runs through Charleston and as we drive along it I have noticed an interesting mix of boats.  I have seen giant $200k boats, a lot of pontoon boats and one very sad bass boat.  Judging by the angle of the boat, I would say they need to move one of those boys up front.

I will be back to posting much more regularly now.  It is a little hard to post about railroading when you aren't doing it.  I hope everyone had a great summer!

CSX train going through Montgomery, WV
The local going through Montgomery, WV.  Once he goes by, it's back to work. 







2 comments: