Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dumpster Diving

      Yea I said it, dumpster diving.  Thanks to the track department, I spent my afternoon taking the trash that they put in the dumpster out.  Why in the world would you take trash OUT of a dumpster?  I know this is what your thinking so I will explain.  You see we (the signal department) has ordered a dumpster from a company that is for concrete ONLY.  My foreman gets very nasty phone calls from the lady at the dumpster place if she finds wood or regular trash in the concrete dumpster.  We had attempted to make this clear by hanging a sign, and speaking with the Roadmaster. Apparently, we needed to resort to a more obvious form of communication.


     Please note the big spray painted sign that says CONCRETE!  There is a matching one on the side.  Hopefully this will clearly convey what the contents of this dumpster should be, and prevent nasty phone calls from the dumpster lady and me climbing in any more dumpsters...blech
 
     We also got to see the Dominion Power guys in action today, and I have to say they are braver than I am.  Here is a picture of them. Please notice the lake that they are in.  To me electricity + water = bad idea, but they put on some really big gloves and had our service swapped in about 20 minutes.  Kudos to the Dominion guys!
 
 
 
And to follow up on a previous post, my horse is still sick, and we have a diagnosis.  She has Alopecia Areata, which is an auto immune disorder that attacks her skin cells.  Not good, she is on steroids for about 2 months, if she doesn't founder we will be looking at immune supplements and a lot of praying.  She also looks pretty gross, but she is starting her very own collection of blankets, and I think she has more than me right now. 
 
One more note, NEW DUCK DYNASTY TONIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment