Wednesday, February 20, 2013

So What do you DO in the Hotel



     Since we had a pretty boring half, I thought I would talk a little about what we do in the time we have sitting in the hotels in the evenings.  We spend at least 16 nights a month in a hotel and recently we have been spending a bit more than that.  So other than racking up some serious hotel points, what do you do?
     Well, I go to school online, which does pass the time, but it is also fairly boring. The boys on my crew all have high end RC cars.  Every single member of the crew with the exception of me, has one.  Even the brand new guy we got last week!  His had been in the garage for a year, but he was happy to bring it out and play with everyone.  The reason I don't have one is simple economics, I already have one very expensive hobby in horses, I don't need another one.  They are pretty cool, and they get new bodies, and tires and motors etc. to make them faster or prettier (I should probably say bad ass looking, not prettier)
     The other thing we have decided to do is run in the Marine 1/2 marathon in May.  I did decide to participate in this one.  I am not sure what I was thinking when I said I would, probably "hey I will look good in a bikini this summer!" So we started our training last week. I may need to quit smoking for this one.  The marathon training schedules all assume that you can run for 30 minutes straight! So sadly I am in the marathon "pre-training" stage. This will be much harder mentally and physically, but also much cheaper.  I already own sneakers, there is a treadmill at the hotel, and entrance into the marathon is only 75 bucks.  I am still waiting to discover this "runners high",  I think all those runners are damned liars trying pretend that running is more fun than real sports like football or baseball. 
     I actually have off all week so I will be working on my science experiment and sitting around in my pjs.  I have some scrap cable in the truck and need to run to the hardware store for a good sheet of plywood and some screws, probably have to get out of my pjs for that one though.  (you know you are being lazy when you type this and think, well I could just throw my coveralls on over the pjs and no one would know!)  I also plan on going to the outdoor show in Fishersville, hubby and I never got a honeymoon (thank you railroad schedule) so we are thinking of taking a hunting trip in the fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment