Friday, January 4, 2013

Thank You Sheehy Ford, or Not


     Ahhh back to work and it feels good.  As I mentioned in one of my previous posts we had a gate mech get knocked down in Newport News.  Someone had a bit to much to drink on New Years Eve and must have mistook the gates for the stripes in the road.  They are now in jail with a bill for a new gate mech, and we had the pleasure of fixing their mess.  Really, its not so bad, one little gate mech.... but it really went OK.  The gate mech part that is.
     You see, orders were to pick up our work truck, the one with the big walk in utility bed and almost ALL of our tools on it, and then head to Newport News.  I dropped this truck off at Sheehy Ford before the winter break for a recall notice on the turbo, an antifreeze smell and an alignment.  We got up there around 0745, walk in, sign the papers and the man says they will bring it around.  At 0815, my counterpart goes back in.  They tell him the battery is dead, they left the railroad radio on, it will be around in just a minute.  At 0930, I go back in, it went a little like this.

Me - Where is my truck

A Sheehy Employee - Umm well the manager asked me to convey to you that you may want to come
                                     back this afternoon.

Me - No, I need that truck now

A Sheehy Employee - OK well I will convey that to the manager
(enter manager)

Manager - Well it really just needs to charge up, we can't get the computer to wake up

Me - Put new batteries in it, I need that truck, now

Manager -  I can't just put new batteries in it, (the leasing company) turned us down for new batteries.

Me - Call them back, or I will put it on the foreman's credit card

     So after that lovely conversation he calls the leasing company back, while he is on hold he looks at the account.  Oh look at that the batteries are STILL UNDER WARRANTY!  I am not happy, but whats done is done.  OK put the new batteries in, our emergency dig ticket is good at 1100, it is 1000 now and we need to get our butts on the road.
     Anyone want to guess what happened at 1045?  That's right readers, they have the batteries in, but they STILL can not get it to start.  OK, I can't wait anymore, we grab some tools and head to News.  
Today we went and grabbed more tools, they are telling me now it will be Monday afternoon before it is ready. Apparently, the body control module is bad.  I have no idea what a body control module is, but they don't have one on hand and it will take them till Monday to get.   Folks we are talking about a truck that has been sitting in their lot for 3 weeks!

     I will have to work on remembering to take pictures to post on here. So my promise to you, is a few more pictures.  Sheehy's promise to me, a working truck on Monday.  Hopefully we all keep our promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment