Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Very Cold and Flu Season

     Back to the grind out here and not a moment to soon!  We have a big cut in coming up in the beginning of February so we are still busy working on buttoning up the odds and ends that need doing.  Of course the more we look the more odds and ends we find.  So our list continues to grow, and I don't think I will be seeing home for a few more weeks yet.

     So besides having an ever growing to do list, we all managed to come back from safety certification with some degree of the flu.  Six sick people working together can get a  little ugly.  We may have been a little tired and irritable, and if I never here another bowel movement description it will be to soon.  Although that probably won't happen, bowel movements seem to be a once a week topic of conversation.  Weekly I can handle, 3 times a day, is a bit much for me.  Thankfully we all seem to be doing better now.
     Another thing worth note is the FREEZING cold weather.  Here is a picture of me working on a switch today.  I swear I am under there somewhere.  I had on under armor, jeans, long sleeved shirt, sweatshirt, coveralls, jacket, insulated hood thing and wool socks.  I was OK, but I felt a little like the kid from a Christmas Story.  If someone or something had chased me, I would have waddled away as fast as I could, but most old men in wheelchairs would have been able to catch me. 

We also got to see the geometry car yesterday.  I grabbed a quick picture of the cars and put them below. It is a pretty crappy picture, but the best I could do this week.  I have also noticed a lot of "vintage" Amtrak engines coming through, so any rail fans that are interested in getting pictures of some older Amtrak engines they are running through Richmond this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment